Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcome, Potential Someday Readers

So here's the plan. I'll write the novel, you'll read about the process (and perhaps read some snippets here too) here, then we'll see about some beta readers, make some editing, blurbs, and cover art happen, then publish to Kindle at least... If the novel turns out to be decent.

I'm brand new at this. I've never written anything more than a short story, but I have a mad love for words and my brain is just about bursting with ideas, so I figure it's time to start making a body of work. Maybe I'll come up with some short stories along the way to novel #1, but I tend to think in novel length and am much too addicted to extreme character development (Thank you, years of theatre) to be at all confident in my ability to write a whole story in a couple dozen pages.

The idea here is to take you, dear reader, along with me on the journey from wannabe to real deal... Or from zero to author... Something like that. I'll gladly accept suggestions for anything and everything here too.

As it stands I'm a whole 1500 words into what I think will turn into a paranormal romance set in the Alaskan bush with a working title of Sleeping Lady Story. I don't know if this will turn out to be a novella, a longer than average short story, a full length novel, or even a series or serial. I started it with no plan in mind whatsoever; not generally the brightest thing to do when one decides they'd like to write a novel, but the hero and heroine (at least their basic natures) popped into my head along with a rather pretty opening scene and I was overwhelmed with the need to write, so I jumped right in. So far, it's going incredibly slowly, but well when I can be bothered to write.

In any case, welcome to my mind! And thank you muchly for taking the time to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment